Big dreams & visions are great to have but they are also very scary! In order for them to be accomplished means words like: lazy, apathy, procrastination can't exist in your vocabulary. Fear can't hold us back & we have to stay focused and persevere. Here are some thoughts from my message on Sunday morning Jan 2, 2011.
1) A new year means a clean slate, fresh start & another chance to make something bigger & more meaningful with our lives.
2) 10 is the number of testing & in 2010 we have been tested. We've struggled w/ a weak economy, our area braced & prayed during a tragic oil spill that potentially could have shut our town down. In the old saying 3 steps forward & 2 steps back, for many 2010 were those 2 steps back.
3) 11 is alignment & straightening out. We plan on using 2011 to straighten out & align ourselves w/ God's will.
4) Alignment happens when you see the goal & catch the vision so you can count the cost (Luke 14:28-33). This is where our 21 day fast that starts on Jan 9 will come in.
5) We have work to do & one day will give an account for what we have or HAVEN'T done (Rom 14:12). Are you really ready to put it on cruise control & HOPE that you have done enough for God who gave His ALL for you?
6) Priorities: You don't need good goals, you need GOD goals. So get your priorities in line so that they will be Christ centered & not self-centered. (Matt. 6:33)
7) Perseverance: When you have God goals, you can be overwhelmed & Satan will attack. But stay the course! Keep your eyes on the prize! (Phil 1:6; Phil 3:12-14)
8) Failure: Don't let the fear of failure keep you from going after a God sized goal. You are going to stumble & at times fall, but Prov 24:16 says a righteous man will get back up. It's the getting up that keeps you from becoming a failure!
9) Nothing is impossible with God! He can & will give you a great vision BUT...He can do so much more than we could ever imagine or ask for according to His power that is at work w/in us! (Eph. 3:20)
10) BUT... That goal, dream or vision will ONLY be accomplished on the condition that we are dependent on the full release of the Holy Spirit's presence, power & grace flowing in & through our lives!
Looking forward to hearing what your dreams & goals are. God is definitely doing a new thing in me & us here at Living Waters in Apalachicola, FL! 2011, Counting the Cost!